Friday, July 25, 2008

Recommendation: Corazzo 5.0 Riding Jacket

So, it turns out that having a scooter is going to be my new money pit. You don't just buy a new scooter, you have to buy all the new things to go along with it: insurance, helmet, gloves, bike locks, etc. My most recent purchase was this new Corazzo 5.0 riding jacket (as seen above). Corazzo makes a bunch of really cool jackets but I personally like this one the best. Mostly for the look but also for the functionality and protection it provides.

Here's the list of features as stolen from the Corazzo site:
  • Removable CE Rated Knox® Armor in shoulders, elbows & back
  • 1000 denier Cordura® abrasion and water resistant shell
  • Reflective 3M Scotchlite™ trim for 360° degree nighttime visibility
  • Superior venting for warm days
  • Two-inch longer tail & arms designed for upright riding
  • YKK® high-grade zippers throughout
  • Fleece lined collar and cuffs

The jacket comes in sizes S-XXL but check their sizing chart to make sure you get the right size. You want all the pads in the right place. I went for an XL to fight my "modern cut" mid section and that puts the shoulder pads a little low on me. I should be able to fix this by velcroing or sewing the pads into place inside the pouch that holds them.

I suggest ordering the jacket straight from the Corrazo site. They don't charge sales tax outside of Oregon, so I was able to get it for just under $245 shipped. I saw the same jacket in a scooter shop in Oceanside for $285 before tax.

The only bad part about the jacket so far is that the plastic they use for the pads smells really bad after being taped up in a box for 2 weeks. Hopefully, the smell will air out in a couple days.

Check out all the other great Corazzo products on their website:

http://corazzo.net/

or their online shop:

http://corazzo.net/store/

No comments: