Friday, July 25, 2008

My 2008 Honda Metropolitan

After Tony & Toby got their Ruckuses (Rucki?), I, of course, had to succumb to the scooter peer pressure. Lucky for me, when Tony & Toby want me to buy something I don't have to do any of the work. I just have to fork over the dough. Tony hunted down two Metropolitans at the Honda dealership in Huntington Beach through a Craigslist post. Mine and one other sold in less than four hours. The picture from my iPhone makes it look a little more orange, but it's actually red. I am going to start doing some modifications to it shortly and will post about them as they come up.

For now, I have been commuting to work at least four days a week which is about 18 miles round trip. Plus, we've done a couple of other short rides for fun and I use it for running errands close to home. I've only bought gas for it twice and it's got about 215 miles on it. (It rolled off the lot with only 5.)

So, thanks Tony & Toby for letting me throw away my future financial stability for a Scootin' good time today.

No comments: