Monday, September 1, 2008

Modifications: Choppin' & Paintin'






In the next couple of weeks I am going to do a Ruckus swing arm swap so I thought I would do some prep work by chopping off the rear end and doing some painting. Getting the body off the Met is kind of a pain without the service manual but we finally figured it out. I cut off everything under the tail light and moved the license plate and new side reflectors up and attached them to a Honda rear carrier rack I purchased. I also painted the side cowls and the front leg guards gloss black. I used Krylon made for plastic spray paint and put on about 4 coats. In a couple of weeks I will polish it down to get rid of some of the imperfections. I'm pretty happy with how everything turned out. It's a huge change for only $15 worth of parts. (Well, unless you add in the price of the rear carrier. That was another $60.)

Besides the Ruckus swing arm swap, I plan on upgrading the exhaust and rear shock. I'm also searching for an old vintage suitcase to make a rear carrying case out of. I'm also going to have a friends father pinstripe the entire scooter for me. I can't wait to get it all done and see what it looks like. It an expensive new habit I've found. But it's lots of fun.

You can see all the pictures I took here:
http://albums.phanfare.com/3089946/2656749#imageID=45396505

It got dark by the time we were finished today. I'm going to take some better pictures of the finished product tomorrow.

No comments: