Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Additions: Handle Bar GPS Mounting Kit




I just bought and installed a RAM brand GPS handlebar mount that I ordered from MountGuys.com. The kit cost $22.83 shipped and arrived in about a week.

Pros:
  • Easy installation. (4 Phillips head screws)
  • Perfect fit for my Garmin Nuvi 360
  • Easy to snap in and remove GPS from mount

Cons:
  • The circular part of the mount that goes over the handlebar is a little big for the Honda Met. It's probably made for a full size motorcycle. I had to run the wire bundle for the turn signal, brights, etc. through the mount so it would stay in place.
  • The mount sticks up a little higher than I thought it would. Slightly distracting.
  • Mount is not adjustable without tools. So get it where you want it the first time.
Overall, I would say the GPS mount was worth it. It was cheap, easy to install, and arrived quickly. Now, if only I could hear the GPS while I was on the road. It's not quite loud enough to hear the turn by turn instructions while I'm on the move.

No comments: